10 Ant-sized Lessons Learned From the Ant-Man Movie
The highly anticipated Marvel movie Ant-Man movie finally hit theaters this past weekend, and it packed a powerful ant-sized punch.
Like many Marvel movies of late, Ant-Man was full of special effects, one-liners and Marvel Universe references galore. At times it was actually difficult to keep up with the movie with all the references and quotes from other movies and characters. However small the Ant-Man sized character he packed a powerful punch. Ants of course are known for their extreme strength and once Scott Lang (Paul Rudd) harnessed that power he became Ant-Man.
There is quite a bit of clean humor throughout the movie as well as some great action scenes. One of the best scenes was when Ant-Man broke into the Avengers facility and went to battle with none other than Falcon. Ant sized or not he was able to hold his own with the Avenger. Ant-Man’s nemesis in the film was Darren Cross as Yellow-Jacket played by Corey Stoll. Ant-Man’s creator Dr. Hank Pym (Michael Douglas) brought in Scott to try to stop Darren from unleashing the technology into the world.
The film is full of action and adventure and although at times seems a bit confusing in the story lines blend create a bit of nonsensical humor. There are some great one-liners and inspiration, although ant-sized pack a huge punch.
10 Ant-Man Movie Quips and Quotes:
- “Second chances don’t come around all that often.” We all wish we could do things over and get them right the second time. Scott is given that opportunity to have a do over and redeem himself.
- “It’s not about saving our world. It’s about saving THEIRS.” It is never really about us or our world it is about leaving a legacy and preserving the world for those that follow us.
- “You’re different. Now, don’t let anyone tell you that you have nothing to offer.” Everyone is different and has their own gift, it is up to us to learn how to use them. Accepting the reality of being different is sometimes the hardest part. Just because we made mistakes it does not determine our future.
- “You give godlike powers to everyone, it’s gonna be chaos!” Whether it be little insect-sized armies or those in power, too much power can bring about ego and destruction.
- “Everyone deserves a shot at redemption” Scott has his shot at redemption, going from a life of crime to being a hero for his family and others. We all have our second chances it is just a matter of how we use them.
- “Be the hero she already things you are” Scott’s daughter already thinks the world of him, now he comes to realize he is her world. Sometimes we are already the hero in someone’s life if we just pay attention. Other times we can become that hero that they already see.
- “How about the fact I fought an Avenger and didn’t die!” After Ant-Man’s tangle with Falcon, he survived. Granted we may not have the opportunity to fight an Avenger but we too have insurmountable odds at times that we can overcome.
- “I went from despising you to almost liking you.” Many times people are more than what meets the eye. A person can change that first impression by their actions.
- “My days of breaking in places and stealing stuff are over.” Scott makes the choice for his daughter to live a life of the straight and narrow. We too come to a crossroads, whether it be stealing, lying, cheating or worse where we must choose that those days are over.
- “It is about damn time.” Some people just take longer to get to where they need to be. Some things take longer than we like and there is just no other way to say it. Watch the movie all the way through and you too will understand.
For anyone that is a Marvel fan, Ant-Man is sure to delight. Be sure to stay for the credits as to Stan Lee’s tradition there is not one but two foreshadowing scenes you don’t want to miss. Even for those that have no idea who Ant-Man is the movie itself is thoroughly entertaining and well worth seeing on the silver screen.
I would love to hear your thoughts, what was your favorite quote or Marvel Universe reference from the Ant-Man Movie?
About Charles Johnston
Charles is a Christian, husband and father of fur-kids who shares his walk with others in hopes to help other's along the way.